HS-100 Turns on by itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 08:06:25 - last edited 2023-07-27 07:19:45
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.10

My HS 100 has started turning on at 7.00 am.

There are no schedules set and it has never been scheduled for this time

I have carried out a factory reset (Twice)

It is located within 8ft of an eero router 

Has anybody any idea why this should be happening and more importantly have a cure

At the moment I am proposing to set and off schedule at 7.01 am as a work around.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS-100 Turns on by itself-Solution
2023-07-27 07:18:47 - last edited 2023-07-27 07:19:45

@Riley_S 

Great suggestion to check my phone - this is one area I had not considered.

I did not have an alarm but I did have my Samsung going into sleep mode over night . On checking on of the default options was to "Control SmartThings" when sleep mode ended. It was  blank , however I disabled it and this morning the plug did not switch on.

I do not know how this caused/cured the problem but most importantly the problem has gone away.

Once again thank you for the suggestion to check my Phone - It Worked.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS-100 Turns on by itself
2023-07-26 19:18:08

@Graycon,

Do you have your TP-Link ID linked to any other platforms such as SmartThings, Alexa, or Google Home? It's possible that an automation was accidentally set here, or there was a default automation to turn devices on when something like an alarm on your phone goes off. You can unlink accounts from the Account Settings Tab of the Kasa App and see if the behavior continues.

Also, make sure that you have not accidentally included the device in a smart action, along with the schedules within the device settings, and the scheduled away mode if available for the plug.

The location next to the eero router should really have no effect on the status of the plug, as network disconnects shouldn't change anything. The only thing that would change the state of the plug are commands, or a loss of power.

Lastly, I would try performing a factory reset and making sure that you use a different name than previously - if a third-party integration is sending the commands - changing the name of the plug has the potential to break the ghost automation.

Options
Re:HS-100 Turns on by itself
2023-07-26 23:09:50

@Riley_S

Thank you  for you feedback

Originally the the plug was  linked to Alexa. But my thoughts were the same as yours and I disconected it.

Again when I reset the plug I took the precaution of using a different name again to disassociate it from any "Ghost" sheduling

Your comment about  an alarm on my phone was something thta I hadnot thought of as it was switched of. However I do have sleep mode enabled and will investigate to see if this could be the cause.

Once a gain thanks for you reply I I will post again when I have checked if the phone's sleep settings are causing teh problem

Options
Re:HS-100 Turns on by itself-Solution
2023-07-27 07:18:47 - last edited 2023-07-27 07:19:45

@Riley_S 

Great suggestion to check my phone - this is one area I had not considered.

I did not have an alarm but I did have my Samsung going into sleep mode over night . On checking on of the default options was to "Control SmartThings" when sleep mode ended. It was  blank , however I disabled it and this morning the plug did not switch on.

I do not know how this caused/cured the problem but most importantly the problem has gone away.

Once again thank you for the suggestion to check my Phone - It Worked.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 3

Related Articles