Matter-Compatible Switch and Dimmer from Kasa Now Available

Matter-Compatible Switch and Dimmer from Kasa Now Available

12 Reply
Re:Matter-Compatible Switch and Dimmer from Kasa Now Available
2024-03-21 18:36:54

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@tjacobhi,

I will definitely provide an update when a 3-Way Switch with matter compatibility is released. Most of the releases that we are seeing were first teased or announced during CES - so we will definitely see more announced over the coming months.

I cannot imagine that we would not release a device for this purpose, it may simply take slightly longer as we are essentially seeing the release of the most basic form of smart home products with matter. I will see if i can dig up any information about a prospective release, however, you will most likely need to wait for a larger announcement from the company later in the year.

Thanks for working on great products.

I currently have a Matter dimmer switch (ks225) and love it.

As an FYI. I am planning on buying tp-link Kasa matter switches for my entire house (~40 switches), once a 3 way Matter switch is avaiable.

Options
Re:Matter-Compatible Switch and Dimmer from Kasa Now Available
2024-03-22 16:26:48

@TheOver,

Glad to hear about your experience! We have received quite a bit of feedback about the possibility of adding a three-way switch to our lineup of Matter-compatible products and I have already begun to express interest to our product teams. 

While I do not know if this is the case, many matter releases are being held up by either support from the protocol, or by widespread support of the features needed by the providers of other matter controllers such as Apple, Alexa, or Google.

If you have not already, please provide your feedback in our Survey: What Matter Device Do You Want to See Next

Options