Neutral wires only at load location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 16:43:22
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

So, I took my old switches out and was thrilled to see how easy this was going to be. The switch at the bottom of the stairs has two travelers and one black wire. The switch at the top had the same as well as a bundle of neutral wires behind it. I unhooked all of the plugs and turned back on the power to test for the load/line wires.

I put my voltage tester near the switch at the bottom of the stairs (with no neutrals) and it started beeping - there was current passing through it. I went to to the top of the stairs and no current was passing through that wire. 

The master has to be connected to the LINE wire and neutral. The satellite has to be connected to just the LOAD wire. In my house they seem to be reversed. Has anyone gotten this configuration to work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Neutral wires only at load location
2023-08-08 06:37:13 - last edited 2023-08-08 06:38:05

@WaspSting 

Unfortunately, your existing electrical setup might not be suitable for the installation of this product. The main switch of KS230 Kit requires a simultaneous connection to both the live and neutral wires.

It is advised to consult a professional electrician to assess the potential for modifying the wiring to accommodate the product.

How to Install My Kasa Smart 3-Way Dimmer Switches (KS230 KIT V2)

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Related Articles