Red wire - HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Red wire - HS200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Red wire - HS200?
Red wire - HS200?
2023-08-11 00:42:39
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm sure this information is out there somewhere but I can't find exactly my configuration.  I apologize if this has been answered a zillion times but please be patient - I'm trying hard to get this switch installed before the baby wakes up!  This is a single switch controlling one light and no fan.  Coming out of my wall, I have a white, a ground, a red, and a black.  The Kasa switch has white, ground, and two black. Please tell me how to wire this and thank you for your help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Red wire - HS200?
2023-08-11 06:14:03

@mswsnc 

For detailed guidance on wiring and installation issues concerning the HS200, please refer to the information provided in this FAQ. 

How to install HS200 to your electrical line

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-11 06:43:23

@Wayne-TP Thank you for taking time to reply, but after reading the reference multiple times, I'm still not clear. 

Options
2023-08-14 02:04:21

@mswsnc 

You may also refer to this video tutorial. TP-LINK® ’s HS200 Smart WiFi Light Switch Setup Tutorial

If it's still unclear for you, please seek guidance from an electrician.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 3

Related Articles