hs200 schedule to turn off no longer works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-28 17:22:24
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I've been going back and forth with tp-link support on this issue now for about a month. I've had the HS200 and a LB130 on a sunrise off -  sunset on schedule for about 2 years working perfectly. In the past couple months I noticed that they both stopped turning off at sunset in the past 2 moths or so. I updated the location settings and actually deleted both devices and re added them and the LB130 successfully turns off at sunrise. But the HS200 will not shut off using the sunrise off or even setting a specifc time. Both turn on at sunrise. 

1. I've even reset the the switch and started from scratch. No change
  2. I've deleted the schedule and added a new one. No change
  3. I've disabled the schedules and added them in Alexa as a routine with both a time and or sunrise off. No change
  4. I've uninstalled the app and installed the developer app and , No change
  5. The LB130 works fine though either way. 

HS200 will not respond to turning off with any schedule.

Anyone else have this issue and if so, have you been able to fix it and if so how did you resolve it. 

I've been going back and forth with tech support in emails for about a month or so with no luck. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:hs200 schedule to turn off no longer works
2023-08-30 07:40:36 - last edited 2023-08-30 07:45:25

@jsinicropi 

Thank you for raising this topic on the TP-Link community. Upon checking your case with the senior engineer, they're analyzing the debug log that you just submitted. There should be an update on this case recently,  you may keep an eye on your inbox. 

If there is any progress, welcome to share the information with us in the community, which will be a reference for users who encounter the same problem.

Based on my understanding, the abnormality of the schedule function is generally related to the device time, especially the latitude and longitude information of the device (this is also a key factor in determining whether the sunrise and sunset functions work). If the latitude and longitude information of the device is incorrect or has a small change, this will cause the schedule to be out of time or not effective at all. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1

Related Articles