KAsa camera on unsecured network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 22:42:55
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So i purchased the 410s pan,tilt camera for my moms assisted living room. At time did not know that facility only has unsecured wifi networks for residents. Even ones that have computers which suprised me but say have had no issues. So the camera wont connect to an unsecure network for privacy reasons. I then purchased the TL-WR902AC mini router to use as a hot spot and get a secure network.I connected the router in hot spot mode and found the TP link network listed in my phone settings. Entered password from bottom of router and connected to network. Could not open a web page up though. Tried connectng camera but would still not work. I am being told that need to go to TPlinkwifi.net first to configure router. Then set up camera. I think i need to connect camera to kasa network first on my phone then go into kasa app and connect to the assisted living wifi network and then it should work. Anyone know if this is correct way. Or do i connect camera to the TP link 5G network produced by the router. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:KAsa camera on unsecured network
2023-09-05 08:38:41

@Drew64  Hi, the KC410S is a network terminal product and only supports a 2.4G network, it's required to connect to a Wi-Fi with internet access to work. Therefore, I think you need to configure the TL-WA902AC first and ensure its 2.4G Wi-Fi is working fine, and then configure the camera through the Kasa app to connect to the router's Wi-Fi.

Options
2023-09-05 11:06:00

@Summer_S  gonna try that today. I know it shows a 5 ghz band but I think cam configure it online. That's the step I was missing. Just tried to connect to I 

Options
2023-09-05 14:02:20

@Summer_S 

Very frustrating. Got the router set up and was on admin web page. Configured it and put name of insecure network in like shown. Camera still won't connect. Am I connecting the camera to the insecure network or the to link one that shows up in app. 

Options
2023-09-06 08:16:14

@Drew64 

Not sure if you have set up your TL-WR902AC successfully. To simplify your problem:
1)  Confirm your TL-WR902AC's Wi-Fi name and password, and connect your phone to it to check if the router is working. 
2) If not, maybe you can find suggestions in the Wi-Fi router community
3) If your router is working, log in to the Kasa app to configure your camera to connect to the TL-WR902AC's Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 4

Related Articles