Standalone Smart Motion Sensor

2023-09-16 18:13:54

Request for standalone Smart Motion Sensor for Kasa similar to Tapo T100.

This will allow placement of the Smart Motion Sensor anywhere which can create trigger actions, requested this back in 2021 two years later still no nothing, not that all requests has to be implemented but since Tapo has it don't understand why not Kasa.

I don't even understand the need for two line of brands with similar products, it would have made sense if each offered completely different products but they are the same and competing with each other, very strange decision by management.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Standalone Smart Motion Sensor
2023-10-18 05:51:52

@Aravot The Standalone Smart Motion Sensor is a versatile device that can be a valuable addition to your smart home setup. It detects motion in a specific area and can trigger various actions or notifications when motion is detected. You can use it for security purposes, such as triggering lights or cameras when someone enters a room, or for convenience, like turning on lights when you walk into a dark hallway. It's a useful tool to make your home automation more efficient and responsive.

Options
2024-02-16 15:24:58

@Riley_S any possibility of stand alone smart motion sensor or present sensor for Kasa line up?

Options
2024-02-20 20:20:35

Hey @Aravot,

I have not heard anything recently. For the most part, Kasa devices are continuing to focus on Wi-Fi and 'Hard-Wired' Devices such as switches. Currently, most of the sensing/monitoring devices are instead available from Tapo as a result of the Sub-GHz connections available via the smart hubs. (Sub-Ghz communication requires specific antennae and is able to achieve multi-year battery lives as a result of the protocol)

I would recommend looking at the Tapo H100 Smart Hub and T100 Motion Sensor, as these provide the functionality that you are looking for. If you are using Sub-Ghz sensors or devices from Tapo, you can also add your Kasa devices to the Tapo app in order to create automations between Kasa and Tapo.

Options
2024-02-29 02:56:11

Hi  @Riley_S , thank you for the reply.

To be honest I want to avoid buying Tapo devices as they require hub. If I wanted a motion sensor that requires a hub there are better options than Tapo.

In my opinion it is best to keep your customers in one echo system, by at least providing a complete solution.

I understand battery life concerns but maybe can provide plug-able motion sensor, or motion sensor with high battery capacity.

I use mix of Lutron Caseta and Kasa devices, Lutron has battery operated motion sensor which works perfectly the reason I am moving away from Lutron is cost of switch, I have replaced most of my switches with Kasa, have few Lutron left because I need motion sensor and I don't want to buy another hub for just few motion sensor, but seems I have to however it won't be Tapo as I mentioned there are better solutions available.

Maybe next year we might see Kasa stand alone motion sensor.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 303

Replies: 4

Related Articles