Votes

Away mode over night - or sunset to sunrise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 16:25:01 - last edited 2023-10-11 17:56:34

this is really a no brainer - we want lights to go on/off at night - why would we want them on/off during the day? But this can't be done in away mode from sunset to sunrise.  So in order to have it go on/off through the entire night - only way i can see is to have them basically set for 23:59 hours with them randomly going on/off during daytime hours as well.  What am I missing and why can't TPLink fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Away mode over night - or sunset to sunrise
2023-10-11 17:56:12 - last edited 2023-10-11 17:56:28

@larryg,

I think that the concept is that the Away Mode shows activity in the house as if someone was home. While the lights would turn on at night, it would be far less often due to people sleeping. 

I do see how it could be useful to have the overlap, especially for those who work night shifts, so I will forward the feedback that the "Start and End Times Must be on the Same Day" is fairly limiting to the feature.

For now, you would be best suited to use the Scheduling Feature to turn the lights on/off at different times throughout the night.

Options
2023-10-13 12:20:05

@Riley_S 

Riley, hopefully they will respond with a software update, not sure why its so difficult.  Have to ask though, unless you have a lamp right by the window, what woudl be the purpose of having lights go on/off during the day?  Also, be nice to get feedback, mabye via tm as to when lights go on/off.  Does anyone know how this works - ie how soon do they go on, how long are they on, etc. etc.  and if I have 3 or 4 llights working, how random are they between lights?

Options
2023-10-14 00:25:54

@larryg,

I'll see what our team can dig up about the specifics, as I am pretty sure I have only seen that it is random - and I have not seen the parameters that guide it.

I know that for features that exist onboard, such as scheduling and away mode, it can be harder to get a feature implemented later down the line, but I have passed the feedback on.

I believe that the feature is more designed for around sunset when lights would be actively going on and off throughout your home; but the feature exists across a variety of product lines, so while a lamp may be harder to see, a light switch can often be seen from the street. such as if you went on vacation and you wanted your kitchen lights to turn on periodically.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.