Votes

Group Smart Bulbs and Play Effects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 14:28:42 - last edited 2023-11-01 22:05:57

I have several KL135 bulbs that I have in group(s).  Can TP-LINK look into adding "Effects" to a group of bulbs?  It looks like GoVee can do it.

Example 1: Haunted Mansion set for group

Example 2: Candy Cane (with customized colors) for Halloween

I also have several KL430 light strips (love them) and use "Effects" alot.

Put bulbs into a group.

Order the bulbs (left to right or ??)

Add "Effects" to group!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Group Smart Bulbs and Play Effects
2023-10-17 16:27:25 - last edited 2023-11-01 22:05:46

Hey  @wvanaa,

Are you looking to create an effect with the bulbs in relation to each other so that things are timed? Or are you simply looking to be able to set an effect for an entire group of devices?

I would imagine that the synchronization of devices would be difficult to achieve technically, but I will have to take a look to see whats out there.

As for customized effects, I believe that from your presets with the strips, you may configure/customize one of the existing effects with different colors.

Options
Re:Group Smart Bulbs and Play Effects
2023-10-17 18:35:08 - last edited 2023-11-01 22:05:46

@Riley_S  Have each member act like they were a virtual "light strip", so when "Candy Cane" (or other) effect is played, the colors change and "move" as if a light strip.

3138636Group changes:
- Allow ordering to group members

- Allow an Effect to run on the group

I am looking to have my 6+ (or 9 from garage and house) bulbs in the front of my house "play" an effect (color changing/wave).  To "simulate" a light strip and be able to use effects across the bulbs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.