Can’t connect on data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can’t connect on data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can’t connect on data
Can’t connect on data
2023-11-21 17:53:22

I just got a Kasa camera to watch my dog when I am away from home. When I am on the same WiFi it works fine, but as soon as I leave and am on LTE the app says to connect to WiFi and won't load the camera. Kind of defeats the purpose of a camera if I can't see anything from it when I'm not home. Is there a way to fix this so that I can view from the camera when I'm away from home? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can’t connect on data
2023-11-27 21:44:58

@Deanna88,

Do you happen to know if the device's traffic is being blocked or limited by a router setting, or is a part of the IoT network? If so, try removing these settings or placing the device on your guest network.

Normally this behavior occurs when your camera cannot connect to TP-Link Servers, which forwards the connection back to your phone. Does unplugging and replugging the camera allow you to see the live view over LTE? 

Depending on your router, you may try disabling any settings that could cause the camera to disconnect or switch nodes, I would also recommend trying to change your DNS server to a common service to ensure your traffic is reaching TP-Link servers from your home network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 1

Related Articles