Flashin Blue rapidly/constantly!

2023-11-22 15:40:18
Tags: #Flashing Blue rapidly! on-off!
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Bought 4 EP10s on amazon in March of this year. a few weeks after using them, One randomly shuts off a few times a day, by itself, even after resetting it and re-adding it to my system. Another one started randomly turning off and on several times each hour. Now it just flashes blue and the relay clicks several times per second, even after I unplug the smart plug and replug it. I can't even reset it. Is it safe to assume that I have 2 defective units?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Flashin Blue rapidly/constantly!
2023-12-01 07:57:18 - last edited 2023-12-01 07:58:12

That does sound unusual. When you say the 'relay click several times per second' is the plug itself turning on and of that quickly? You can confirm by connecting a lightbulb to the plug. The plugs will flash when loosing signal with your router, thorough they should automatically re-connect. Can you confirm the plugs are located in in area with strong wi-fi signal and try moving them closer to your router? It sounds as if the plugs themselves are not properly paired to your Wi-Fi.

Options
2023-12-01 14:23:06

@Otrip  Yes that quickly, with no load attached, nothing plugged in. Has nothing to do with the wifi source which is within 8 feet. It starts flashing instantly as I plug the smart plug into any outlet!

Options
2023-12-01 17:00:55

@DDatt 

The plug itself flashing quickly means it is in pairing mode.

Too strong if a wifi signal can ovetload the plug.

But if the relay in the outlet itself is turning on/off confirmed by plugging a lightbulb into the Kass then that is a big problem that the Kasa engineers need to investigate. 

Options
2023-12-01 20:12:12

@Otrip No. It flashes several times per second (Like a machine gun), whether a light is plugged in or not, a lot faster than the pairing mode. There are 2 identical KASA smart plugs closer to the router than this one without any issues. It's as if the PCB has failed solder connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 4

Tags

Flashing Blue rapidly! on-off!
Related Articles