my Kasa camera disappered

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-03 22:45:01 - last edited 2023-12-03 22:47:39
Tags: #Register Camera
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.20

hi,

Got this camera for a while, setup Kasa app on my iPhone and wife's Android S21. Everything worked fine until last week. A few days ago, lost this camera on Wife's Android app, nothing changed from our end. 

I tried multiple ways and could not get the camera to show up, none of following worked:

1. reinstall app on S21;

2. reset camera and re-registering, camera showed up for a few minutes, then disappeared again

on my iPhone, camera stays and works fine. We use same login.

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:my Kasa camera disappered
2023-12-05 23:34:17 - last edited 2023-12-05 23:34:26

@dudetx,

So if the camera stays on your phone, but not on the Android - it is an app issue 95% of the time.

On top of uninstalling the Kasa App, I would recommend adding these steps to clear any stored settings in the cache:

Going into the phone settings and deleting the cache and documents and data associated with the app,

Deleting the app from your phone,

Rebooting your phone,

Reinstalling the Kasa App

Does your wife's phone take advantage of any features such as VPNs, special DNS Servers, or Ad Blockers?

Does the behavior exist when her phone is connected to both the home Wi-Fi and her cell connection? The cameras can be accessed locally, so your wife's phone should be able to see the camera when connected to the same Wi-Fi as the camera, removing the cloud connection as a variable.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:my Kasa camera disappered
2023-12-06 01:53:00

@Riley_S thanks for your reply.

I will dive into more details:

1. my iPhone is on same wirless network as my wife's S21; iPhone can see camera, no issues; the wireless is on a different router than what Kasa camera connected to

2. I tried to install Kasa app on a iPad which never had this app installed in before, same problem, does not see camera; I compared iOs permissions between my iphone and iPad, they are identical

3. S21 does not have any VPN or uncommon setup, issue persists regardless which wifi, or using data or not;

Are you aware of any restriction from Kasa server/app that causing this?

I can try to erase everything on S21 and see what happens, given my iPad gave me same issue, I am not sure that will help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 2

Tags

Register Camera
Related Articles