Kasa smart Switches

Kasa smart Switches
Kasa smart Switches
2024-02-02 02:19:16
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Good evening all,

I looked for this answer, but i could not find anything about it. I would like to ask if anyone knows if the Kasa smart switches HS200, HS220 and KS200M have to be on a wifi that is broadcasting the ssid. The reason I ask is because i would like to turn off the broadcast if possible. 

Thanks in advance

V/r

Toni

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa smart Switches
2024-02-02 06:00:23
I assume you are only trying to turn off the SSID broadcasting and not trying to create a local only hidden network w/ no internet, correct? From my understanding they can connect to a hidden network. From what I can find most install them by manually entering the network during setup. I'm not sure the effect of hiding a visible network will have. So long as the SSID and PW doesn't change I'd imagine the devices would still try to connect. My best suggestion is to try and see what happens. Power cycle the switches/devices a couple times. Flip the breakers to simulate a power outage, also simulate a internet outage. If they can still connect then I'd say your good to go... If you do try, please report back and let us know how it goes...
Options
2024-02-04 21:58:43 - last edited 2024-02-04 22:00:05

@Otrip 

Correct, i just want to turn off the ssid broadcasting. They can still connect to the hidden network and be reached remotely using the app. I thought about turning it off and, see if they still connect to the hidden network but, I wanted to ask first in case someone knew the answer.

I will report back if they work on a hidden network.

V/r

Tony

Options
2024-02-04 22:19:01

@Antoni777 

It works, just in case anyone is looking at doing such change.

V/r

Tony

Options
2024-02-05 01:48:43

@Antoni777 

Thanks for the update. Will be useful to others who come across this thread!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 109

Replies: 4

Related Articles