Frequently Disconnects from Google Home Matter / Slow and Failed Communication

2024-02-26 22:16:22
Model: S505D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 231024 Rel.201030

Disconnect Issues:

I have around 105 smart devices currently in use, and 2/3 of them are Tapo dimmers, switches, and plugs.  They disconnect frequently from Matter.  I mostly use Google Home, but they also disconnet from Alexa as well.  Using the restart button usually does not fix the problem.  They continue to work in the Tapo app, but that does not solve the Matter communication problem.  More devices have been disconnecting more often for about the last month.  I do not know if that is because I installed more devices or because of softwater or firmware updates.  Sometimes I have to remove power to the dimmers/switches/plugs to get them to work again, and sometimes it takes many attempts before they start communication over Matter.  They will often disconnect again within a hours or a couple of days.

Slow or No Response Issues:

Matter communications often fail entirely, and when they work, they are often slow.

I have been working with Google, and at this point they tell me that I have to address these issues with TP-Link.  What can be done to make Matter work faster and more reliably?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Frequently Disconnects from Google Home Matter / Slow and Failed Communication
2024-03-01 03:46:29

Also, some Tapo switches that are offline in Google Home with Matter show disconnected immediately after resetting and pairing no matter how many times I repeat the reset and pair process.

Options
Re:Frequently Disconnects from Google Home Matter / Slow and Failed Communication
a week ago

@Sir_Rob why has there been no reply to this post? I've been experiencing this every other day for the past 2 months and cannot resolve the issue. It will reconnect to Google Home only after resetting and generating new matter credentials but it will eventually disconnect within a day or two.

Options
a week ago

@desmo I think that there is something fundamentally broken with matter right now, and tp-link products have proven to not stay connected to the matter Network with Google, Alexa, home assistant, and others.

Are there people with 50+ devices and different brands that do not have problems with matter devices dropping out? I do not know of any personally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 123

Replies: 3

Related Articles