Votes

App feature request more modes

Votes

2024-03-01 17:17:52 - last edited 2024-03-07 00:15:28

In the mobile app under cameras there are modes. Currently only Home and Away are there.  I would like the ability of adding more custom Modes. Please

Options
3 Reply
Re:App feature request more modes
2024-03-05 00:55:17 - last edited 2024-03-07 00:15:21

Hey @rickister,

Thnaks for the feedback. I think there are still improvements and plans for this section of the Tapo App, so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Can you provide a bit more context as to why this would be useful, such as how the different scenes would be different from Home / Away Modes?

What options are you most looking to change on demand and for what reason?

Except for notifications, you can still configure a shortcut to control the camera's privacy mode from your homescreen. Are you looking to specifically control the notifications? What part of the notification scheduling feature falls short of your application?

Options
2024-03-06 17:59:02 - last edited 2024-03-07 00:15:21

@Riley_S Hi,

I have currently set home mode at two detections line and car. I use this when at home and I know I won't cross the line and I don't have any car activity. I use this since I still want to know when someone is coming or a car comes but not if I'm just walking about.  I have away mode that really has all detections. I use this mode overnight and when away.  The other mode I want is an all off mode, no detection.  There are times when there will too much expected activity and would rather have it off.  All dections modes I use an integration with android routines to start an alarm when a detected that I have to acknowledge to turn off - so at some times that could be too much.

Options
2024-03-07 17:37:38

Hey  @rickister,

Thanks for the added information. I will be sure to get this feedback to the other teams for consideration. 

In the coming months, we will release a large update for our Automation platform. When the update is formally released, you may be able to achieve some of the requested functionality. Hopefully, we will see additional controls added for Smart Cameras and a few features that you would likely use, such as Geolocation Automation Triggers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 138

Replies: 3

Voters 1