Reboot option

Reboot option

Reboot option
Reboot option
2024-03-04 14:32:49

Hello community, I'm wondering if any of the Tp-link Kasa smart plugs offer the reboot option? I have one connected to my internet providers modem. I would like to remotely reboot the modem from the app.  I can turn it off remotely but then I lose internet connection in order to turn it back on. A reboot option in the app would be nice,  that way it could bring the network back up after reboot. If one of their smart plugs already had this feature please let me know the model number. Thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Reboot option
2024-03-04 20:16:57

Hey @Dawg11,

Currently our Smart Plugs do not offer a set "reboot option," however this is feedback that I only recently passed along feedback for and will make sure to add your feedback to the request.

For now, our Smart plugs offer a scheduling feature, which is stored on the device's memory and should be able to operate without a network connection. If needed, you could set a temporary schedule that would allow you to power off and on the plug at a set time.

Due to the way that devices check the time servers of a network, you should definitely consider testing this locally before attempting this remotely, as the device still needs to maintain an accurate time for the schedule to take effect.

Options
2024-03-04 20:32:24

@Dawg11 thank you for the reply. I do have a daily schedule for off and on again but thought it would be nice to have the reboot feature when discovering a network issue remotely. Hopefully this can be implemented in the future through a firmware update or new smart plugs

Options
2024-03-10 15:10:36

@Dawg11 

I'd like a REBOOT option as well. I have multiple RPi servers connected to HS103 devices in case they need a reboot, and of course that works fine. But, there are times when being able to reboot the router (or StarLink dish) would be very handy. As you mention, doing that now simply means turning the router off as once it powers down everything loses connectivity and there's no way to turn it back on. And I really don't want to use a scheduled process cause I don't need every device on the LAN loosing connectivity on a scheduled basis. Setting up a "one time schedule" to do the reboot is a PITA and makes users jump thru hoops that could easily be fixed via firmware/software.

Options
2024-03-10 20:51:03

@Dawg11 

I agree with your reply. In real world situations technology needs a reboot. It would be awesome to do it remotely knowing a smart plug will bring itself back online after a reboot. Fingers crossed a firmware update can bring this feature to existing or future smart plugs. We're counting on you Tp-link.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 4

Related Articles