Information on hardware versions

2024-03-16 19:29:44

Hi @Riley_S, where can I find information on switch hardware version? I would like to know the difference between hardware versions.

Example KS240 switch I have is hardware version 1.0 but on support website I see hardware version 1.0 and 1.6, what is the difference?

Same question for other switches.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Information on hardware versions
2024-03-19 16:53:58

Hey @Aravot,
We do not usually provide details on hardware versions unless there is a significant difference.

Often, the difference between an x.0 and an x.6 model will simply be a manufacturing location or an indicator of where a device is sold. These version numbers are also counted beginning with the versions developed by our teams. This means that if significant changes were made prior to the first public release of the device, it may also be assigned the 1.6 version name.

You will potentially see more significant changes in between major hardware versions 1.0 and 2.0, however the base functionality will remain largely the same. For example, take the KS230 (3-Way Dimmer)

The Updated 2.0 version no longer requires the traveler wires between switches to be aligned, as this was a major pain point during setup. The other change made was the removal of a Double Press Function, due to this feature adding significant delay between when you would press the switch once and the light turning on.

Options
2024-03-23 14:43:37

Hi @Riley_S,

Thank you for explanation. It would be nice if the detail could be included on the product support page, firmware and hardwre release notes section.

Options
2024-03-25 17:29:32

@Aravot,

It is actually listed on your product's download page(on the firmware tab), its just listed in a difficult way to understand and is often skipped over. Our team has been trying to find a better way to phrase this,  or at least make it more visible.

824824ac92824e42b2a164b10ce145ea

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 3

Related Articles