EP10 connects successfully but won't stop blue/orange blinking

2 weeks ago
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I have a bunch of TP-Link switches, mostly EP10s, and all have been reliable for a few years, unlike some others I've had.

I have one that I use for various tasks, and it was working fine a few weeks ago, but I disconnected it, and now wanted to use it to control a little fan. So I plugged it in as usual, but it was not turning the device on and off (a small lamp for testing). The physical button on the side does turn it on and off, so the connection is good.

I tried removing it, resetting, and reinstalling. That works "successfully", it gets added, and I can even see it on my router's list of clients. It shows up in the app and even Alexa/Google. However, it does not respond to commands. It seems the orange/blue light keeps flashing forever.

One really strange thing is that if unplug it completly, it still appears to be online in the app, and any other apps. It also seems to still be in my router client list, although that may not be meaningful unless it remains there after a reset which I don't want to do right now.

I suspect the beast might just be broken. Disappointing, but mainly because it reduces my confidence in the others that I have.

Options