No Recordings Error On SD Card Playback/Download

2024-07-20 02:31:12 - last edited 2024-07-20 21:24:35
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.17 build 240529

I have two cameras and both worked fine. One camera just started displaying a "No Recordings" message after clicking the "Playback & Download" button to review recordings on the SD Card. When I click the Playback & Download button the 'loading' icon (figure 8 motion) runs and thumbnails of recordings briefly flash but then "No Recordings" and the blue 'camera' icon are displayed where the thumbnails should be. Interestingly, if I try moving to another day the same thing happens (loading icon runs, thumbnails flash on then off and "no recordings" is displayed where they were). Each time I switch days, the total count of recordings ("Detected Events") and thumbnails that flash is different which indicates that the recordings are there but not being displayed/accessed.

Notes:

• I have not changed any settings on the camera.
  • Notifications from the camera work (e.g. when a person is detected).
  • I verified that recording is on (schedule is 24 hours and SD card is set to Loop recording when full). 32gb SD card is full (and looping).
  • The camera is set to be on 24 hours but only record events (when people are detected).
  • I tried turning off the camera for two minutes.
  • I cleared the Tapo app cache.
  • I rebooted my phone.
  • I have a phone screen video of the issue but I'm not sure how to post that here.
  • It is summer and temperatures are hot but not excessively hot.
  • Again, the second camera works fine and is the same Hardware/Firmware version.

Is this a Tapo app issue, a camera issue, sd card issue, connection strength issue? Any advice to get this working again would be appreciated.

EDIT: I put in a different 32gb SD card and it is working again for now. However, I'm still not convinced it was the SD card as I took the old one and I can view all the videos on it (using my computer) and it was recording events up until the time I switched the cards. Therefore, it doesn't appear that the card is corrupt. I know it was full and looping for a while (so it wasn't because it filled up and started looping for the first time; plus the other camera is looping too without a problem). We'll see what happens with the spare sd card I installed after it fills and begins looping with this camera.

I would still like some guidance on what the issue may be. If it is believed to be the sd card, why would the videos/events continue to record to the card and can be played on my computer but not the app.

Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 0

Tags

Troubleshooting
Related Articles