Additional support for matter devices

2024-07-29 14:19:08

Will matter support be added to any of your speciality switches? I'd love to see a 3-way for the hallways and motion sensor dimmer switch for the bathrooms. Also a matter switch that didn't require a neutral would be fantastic. I have a handful of boxes that are missing a neutral wire and I've seen a number of people trying to hot ground them (This is an awful idea btw DO NOT DO THIS).

I really love my matter switches so far. I hope I'll be able to wire the rest of the house soon. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Additional support for matter devices
2024-08-13 18:03:37

@Swinterry I'm in the same boat.  Noticed that there is a support article for wiring up tapo 3-way switches of the tp-link site, so hopefully the wait will be over soon.

How to Install My Tapo Smart 3-Way Dimmer Switches (Tapo S515D) | TP-Link

Options
Re:Additional support for matter devices
2024-08-16 17:43:33

cursors wrote

@Swinterry I'm in the same boat.  Noticed that there is a support article for wiring up tapo 3-way switches of the tp-link site, so hopefully the wait will be over soon.

How to Install My Tapo Smart 3-Way Dimmer Switches (Tapo S515D) | TP-Link

@cursors 

I believe that article is for a 3 way smart switch they already produce and sell. The one they currently have doesn't have matter support. Shouldn't be too hard of a leap to add the hardware and software necessary for matter to run. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 2

Related Articles