Votes

Last state Power on

Votes

Last state Power on

Last state Power on
Last state Power on
2024-07-29 21:03:45 - last edited 2024-07-31 16:37:52

Will Tp-link ever add an option for off to (Last"On" State) to have the smart bulbs stay off after a power outage? It's very annoying to come home to a house with all the lights on after a power blip or at night. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Last state Power on
2024-07-31 16:37:31 - last edited 2024-07-31 16:37:52

@BP-Raleigh,

I will make sure to forward the feedback, however I have suspicions that this setting is done due to how it could affect the overall experience when moving or reconfiguring a plug. Without the light turning on from power, the bulb may look different while being reset. I will see if there is a reason that this is not available, or if there is another way that this behavior could be limited.

As odd as it is, if you have a light that is never turned on, you could actually configure a smart action to look for that light to turn on and then execute a smart action to restore your lights to an off state. I have also seen others set this to 1%, just to make it less jarring when the lights do turn on.

Options
2024-07-31 17:08:47

@BP-Raleigh 

Thanks

Setting it to 1% still means the light will be on if the power blips or goes out and is restored. It seems like this has been requested for a long time with no resolution. I would prefer the light bulbs to return to the state it was on when the power went out even if that state was off, espcially if I am sleeping. No one likes to be awakened if the power blips in the middle of the night by all the lights being on.

Options
3 weeks ago
Any update on whether or not there's a reason for this feature not being available? Every other reputable company seems to have this feature and I'm seriously considering switching my smart device ecosystem over to one of them to avoid discovering all my lights have been on for 6+ hours while I was away.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 145

Replies: 3

Voters 1