HS200 Light turns on, but does not stay lit

2024-08-11 18:41:57 - last edited 2024-08-11 18:46:00
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

After completing the installation of an HS200 light switch, and using the Kasa app, the device was discovered, and connected to my Wi-Fi with no issue.  I am able to turn on the light, with either the switch, or the app, but the light does not stay lit.  After about 10 - 15 seconds, the light will turn off.  The power indicator (circle at the bottom of the switch) is lit when the switch is off and the indicator is off when the switch is on.  When the light switch is turned on, after about 10 - 15 seconds, the light will turn off, but the app still shows that the light is on.  Both black wires are connected, as well as the white and ground wires.  Swapping the black wires exhibits the same behavior.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 Light turns on, but does not stay lit
2024-08-12 23:04:31

@GGrewe,

There are a few things that could cause this or at least similar behaviors. You might consider contacting our support teams directly.

- Similar Behaviors are often seen when there is current leakage between your wires. Double Check all the connections you can for any damaged wires or exposed copper.

- There has been a history of another device on a network causing a device to enter a reboot cycle. If your network allows, create either an isolated or guest network with no other devices connected to see if the behavior continues.

- Try Factory Resetting the switch to its factory defaults and see if the behavior exists before added to your network.

Options
2024-08-12 23:08:19

@Riley_S 

Thank for you the reply.  I litterally just came inside to post an update.  It turns out that it was not the switch or the wiring, but the actual light bulb.  sad  Yesterday, it never dawned on me that the light blub may have gone bad.

Options
2024-08-12 23:26:11

@GGrewe,

Glad to hear it was fixed, I didn't think of that either to be fair XD

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 3

Related Articles