HS230KIT/HS210KIT

HS230KIT/HS210KIT

HS230KIT/HS210KIT
HS230KIT/HS210KIT
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Kasa HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.26

Had one of these installed, it was woking great,  it stopped working, I can see it on my network, it will NOT install on the KASA App, All wiring is correct, lights up green and orange, but wont connect to app! Figured it was dead or something, SO

I Bought ANOTHER one, Exact same thing! I can see it on my network, it will not install on the app

It works FINE for on/off dimming, both did! 

I changed from my phone to my tab to my computer, Will not install! I have another 200 thats installed and working fine

WTH IS GOING ON? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS230KIT/HS210KIT
3 weeks ago

Hey @WTFisthis,

At what point in the setup does the setup fail?

After resetting your device and the lights are flashing orange and green, are you able to see the Setup Wi-Fi in your list of networks?

Once it gets added to the network, your device should be available in the app. If it is connecting to the network but the app setup cannot be completed I would:

- Check for Any Active VPNs on your Phone,

- Restart the setup process with the cellular connection on your phone disabled

- Disable Private Addressing on Your Phone for your home network

- If your network supports it, try setting the device up to your guest network or IoT network

- Try setting up the device on another phone,

Options
3 weeks ago
No VPNS active on phone Restarted setup and still wont connect to APP Tried using another device and wont connect to app Network doesnt support Guest I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, it doesnt change, even when I delete the HS200. it reappears.
Options
3 weeks ago

@WTFisthis,

If the device is reappearing after it has been removed in the app, I would recommend getting in touch with our support teams directly. They may be able to see what may be happening if it is seemingly having difficulty being removed from the app. 

Since this may be the cause, you could actually consider logging into the Tapo App with your Kasa login and adding the device in the Tapo App, this could at least allow a firmware update if needed. You could then bring the device back over to Kasa with a reset, or you could add the rest of your Kasa devices to the Tapo App via the Kasa Integration.

Also, make sure that you are completing a hard reset by holding the reset for 10 seconds. There is a soft reset that will occur at 5 seconds but will only reset the network settings.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Riley_S 

Man, thanks for taking the time to help....

Tried Tapo already, with no success. Tried holding the reset for 30 seconds with no success.

I am wondering if the info in the TP-Link Cloud is causing the issue. I can see the switch (both the old and new 210) in my network, it will NOT connect to either the KASA app or the TAPA app.... 

So could you tell me how to get in touch with "Support Teams" ?

Again, thanks Riley! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 4

Related Articles