Can my D225 Doorbell Camera be used with Security Camera Software via RTSP Stream?

Can my D225 Doorbell Camera be used with Security Camera Software via RTSP Stream?

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo D225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

Can I use My Tapo D225 Dorbell to stream video to 3rd party Security Software.

For example My Tapo C320WS cameras can provide an RTSP Stream to Ispy Agent.

Thanks for the help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can my D225 Doorbell Camera be used with Security Camera Software via RTSP Stream?

I just saw in a different thread that RTSP Support for the TAPO D225 may be available in FIrmware Version V1.1.14.

That would be great!!

Everything about the D225 camera is better than my Lorex 4K Doorbell camera, except for streaming video support.

I would be happy to be a beta tester if needed.

Thanks, Bob W.

Options
Re:Can my D225 Doorbell Camera be used with Security Camera Software via RTSP Stream?

@Bob59,

You saw correctly. I have been in contact with our teams to try and stay on top of this feature since it is so highly requested. I am keeping an eye on the firmware updates to see when the feature is pushed officially, but it is coming. 

Unfortunately, for Beta Testing Smart Home features it is not as easy as providing a firmware - instead the engineers must apply the update on their end and make sure that you have an app that can utilize the feature on the device. In some cases we will have a beta test or prerelease program set up, but I did not see one yet. I believe that the doorbell was instead ran through our official beta program, which is typically used for new device types.

I should mention that the RTSP stream for the D225 will have the same requirements as our other cameras—meaning that it will need to be a wired camera, and the feature will not be available when powering the doorbell with a battery.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Riley_S That's great news,

Thanks for Letting me know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 3

Related Articles