Votes

Support Matter Switch/Dimmer Binding (to each other) per the standard for Switch virtualization

Votes

Support Matter Switch/Dimmer Binding (to each other) per the standard for Switch virtualization

2 weeks ago
Model: Kasa KS225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Please add or explain how you can bind two (or more) dimmers together as expected being a "Matter" Device.  This is a common setup requirement for virtualized switch configurations (3,4,5...way lighting) of any protocol (Zigbee, Z-wave,etc).  Per the current matter standard, aren't "Matter" devices supposed to be bindable to other devices.  I have a 10 year old z-wave dimmer that has been bound to another identical dimmer switch (not a dummy switch).  The other dimmer has no load (just power) and is bound to the first switch.  I can turn the light on/off/dim from either switch and the status lights are shown in the other switch. Each switch is instantly updated with each other so dimming and status are in sync.

I was about to buy 43 Kasa switches for a new house installation until I found out this is not supported! I have seen subpar setup instructions that include dumb switches in the configuration or worse, battery-operated buttons.  The only professional installation would include fully operational dimmers in every location of a 3,4,5 way dimmable light installation.

The only “binding” explanation I have found is to your app.  To be clear I am talking about “End devices (endpoints) in a Matter installation communicate directly with each other.” 

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
RE:Support Matter Switch/Dimmer Binding (to each other) per the standard for Switch virtualization
Friday
When will this be available
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 76

Replies: 1

Voters 1