Energy Monitoring in WATTs

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Kasa KP125M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 240624 Rel.154806

I bought a series of these smart plugs to monitor some small appliance power draw. Mainly so I could caldulate the power load and size battery / inverter backups.

The switches are nice but the power usage is reported in kWh which for some of my devices results in very small numbers. Example: 0.031 kWh. And to get an idea of load, I need to ensure the device runs for an entire hour.

Is there any way to get current load in Watts on these switches? I want to plug these switches in and read the load, not wait hours etc.

I am using the Kasa client on an iPad and it seems limited to kWh.

If not these switches, something else that you all sell?

Also, I have a KP125M but your forum does not allow me to enter that value. Hopefully a KP125 is the same switch?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Energy Monitoring in WATTs
a week ago

@andleer,

The Energy Consumption feature is intended to be a measure of the cumulative/total usage of a device. I believe that tabbing over to the Power Section will provide the measurements that you are looking for. The release post for the KP125 has examples of the two different values provided: KP125M: Kasa's first Matter-Compatible Smart Plug w/ New Energy Monitoring Features

7e41feb815be48dc86cff9094f63c4fc

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 1

Related Articles