KS240 - Ceiling fan motor now hums as speed increases

Tuesday - last edited Tuesday
Model: Kasa KS240  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Edit - Just removed the fan controller temporarily and hardwired the fan only to find the noise is still there. I guess the fan decided to have issues right at the same time I installed the switch.  The fan is 10 years old, so it's probably just time to replace it.  Thanks everyone.

Just replaced a traditional switch with a KS240 fan and light controller. Prior to installing the switch the fan would make the usual motor noise as speed increased, but it wasn't anything unexpected. After installing the KS240, the fan now hums louder as speed increases, to the point when at full speed, the motor is making more of a loud buzzing noise. Everything else works as expected.  While it would be nice to have the higher fan speeds, I am ok with the slower speeds.  Before I completely throw in the towel, is there anything I should look at?  I am about to install the same fan and light controller on the same model ceiling fan in a different room.  I guess I can wait to see what that one sounds like.  Is it possible the controller simply isn't compatible?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 46

Replies: 0

Related Articles