C120 cameras

C120 cameras

C120 cameras
C120 cameras
Wednesday
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: None

Can anybody recommend a mesh system for the wireless cameras c120. Currently I have tried the Delco 6e, Amazon eero 6e. All have the same problem The 2.4 megahertz is very choppy cameras won't stay connected live view sucks. Currently I have the Google nest Wi-Fi Pro and everything works seamlessly. I can't understand why I buy a router from TP-Link and it doesn't work with their cameras. I was using wired back hall My connections are strong but 2.4 megahertz just doesn't come through good. So I was wondering what the people are using for the TP-Link Kass, tapo cameras. The Google nest Wi-Fi Pro works good it's just limited to the amount of adjustments I can make like telling each camera what node to connect to. The Google Wi-Fi sometimes jumps around to the wrong node and messes up my connections.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C120 cameras
Yesterday

@Jjl290 

The main thing, no matter the Mesh system, is placement.  Are you using the C120 indoors or outdoors?  Can you share the RSSI for the connection signal strength? 

Options
Yesterday

@Carl it's pretty simple really The location of the nodes are the exact same location as the Google Wi-Fi pro. The cameras are not far from the mesh system The signal strength is strong. I also have the original Google Wi-Fi which works seamlessly also in the exact same position as the Delco and Google Wi-Fi Pro. The cameras are also located in the exact same position as if I was using the Google Wi-Fi nothing was moved. For some reason the 2.4 signal just doesn't seem to work well with these new systems. There's also possible I got a defective unit. I return the deco since it was no use with my security cameras.

Options
Yesterday
As I've said nothing moved everything was in the same position. Now do the test take one of the cameras put it in the same room as the main Delco unit RSSI is down to 25. And yet the cameras the live view plays very choppy not smooth. The same problem I had with the Amazon eero system. This is after 8 hours of trying to get this thing to work finally I got frustrated packed it up sent it back to Amazon. Hooked up my Google Wi-Fi Pro everything works perfect.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 38

Replies: 3

Related Articles