Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding
2017-03-03 12:39:01
test
Options
It's happening to hundreds, if not thousands.
2017-03-03 15:05:51
It's probably not you, I think something gets broken upstream every so often.
Options
2017-03-03 21:44:26
Was up until 3AM thinking the problem was on my end! I kept trying to reset the 3 smart plugs I have! I didn't receive an email until the issue was resolved from TP!
Options
2017-03-04 23:11:45
I did hear from TP-Link here is what they said, Dear Kasa User:

We recently learned that users are experiencing an issue when using the Kasa app remotely and/or with Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Users are reporting receiving these error messages:
[/FONT]
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
[*]Server internal error
[*]Amazon Alexa voice control error stating, Sorry, the device is not responding. Please check its network connection and power supply.
[FONT=Helvetica]Our smart home team is working diligently to identify and resolve this as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We will email you again when we have an update.
Options
TP-Link Reply
2017-03-04 23:16:42
I received a reply to my post of not being able to use the smart plug and get on the webpage to see what was going on. they have replied with this message.

[TABLE="class: mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TABLE="class: mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mcnTextContent"]Dear Kasa User:

We recently learned that users are experiencing an issue when using the Kasa app remotely and/or with Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Users are reporting receiving these error messages:
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
[*]Server internal error
[*]Amazon Alexa voice control error stating, Sorry, the device is not responding. Please check its network connection and power supply.
Our smart home team is working diligently to identify and resolve this as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We will email you again when we have an update.

We will also update this FAQ on our website with new information as it becomes available. You may [EMAIL="Kasa.Support@tp-link.com?subject=Kasa%20Error%20503%20-%20http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1499.html"]email the Kasa Support Team[/EMAIL] with questions.

Thank you again for your patience.

Sincerely,

TP-Link

My Alexa has been able to work with the commands I have set up again.

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]

[/TABLE]
Options
2017-05-11 02:38:39
Any update on this issue. I got a few TP-Link wall plugs (installed) and light switches (not installed). My amazon echo experience is random. It works sometimes and doesn't work the other time. It is not too reliable. I am thinking if i should return all my light switches. Any workaround or firmware update will fix the issue? Thanks so much :)
Options
2017-05-13 22:10:07
Everytime i see this happens, i went to kasa app and go to the device setting of the plug. I tried disable and re-enable it, it returns with the following message:
Remote Control Disabled Remote control is disabled because the device belongs to a different account.
How can this belong to a different account?
Options
2017-05-16 21:49:22
I have 2 plug ins and every couple days they drop the connection and when I start the set up again I notice that they are finding the Wifi of a neighbor that is quiet a distance away and the router is just in the other room. My husband was totally frustrated last night and told me that we just may have to quit using these. I'm the one who has to fix them and if I happen to not be home they will be useless to him. At this point I probably can't return the plugs for a refund.
Options
2017-05-17 09:16:53
Are you sure it's not a problem with your router? Just for yucks, try a different channel.
Options
2017-05-20 12:38:21
I have been talking to the support. They suggested me to upgrade the firmware which i did. But that doesn't solve the issues. In my case, my smart plugs were always connected to the wifi network cuz i checked from my router page and ping test. I know the problem is for some reason the device would automatically disabled the remote control. Everytime i get the TP-Link isn't responding, i went in the kasa setting page for the device, it always show disable and no reply from server

Options