Smart switch RGB function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 20:54:11
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

First, I see I have an update available and I will address that after. I tried a search, has issues, but I doubt I am the first to ask this... 

Has anyone been able to get an RGB bulb to fully function using these Kasa Smart switches, or know of ones that they can validate so work. 
I currently have HS220 and HS210 installed.

However, I am being told (Kasa support confirmed) that these, nor any of their others work with RGB bulbs.
With other branded switches, their support agents claim their smart switches DO work with RGB bulbs. 
I do not have theirs installed, so I can not confirm this. 
I'd much prefer the RGB function, is my only option to use smart bulbs and a different switch? Even if I need to go to a 'dumb-switch' RGB (and dimming) is what's I'd like to achieve. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart switch RGB function
2021-02-01 22:30:26

@JayCee330 

The bulb is designed to be used as a stand alone and not with the smart switch, not working on the same outlet.

So if I have a bulb and a switch, I would put a bulb in say my bedroom, and the switch for the porch light.

Now you can have the smart switch on the outlet that controls the bulb, that that would kind of be redundant as both can be turned on and off, and in order for the bulb to work, the switch needs to remain on. So that in it itself kind of removes the purpose of having a smart switch in the outlet that controls the light bulb.

The smart switch (HS220 or HS210) will not be able to dim the smart bulb, you would control the bulb colors or dimming on the bulb itself using Kasa.

Options