RGB vs RGBIC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RGB vs RGBIC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RGB vs RGBIC
RGB vs RGBIC
2023-07-24 19:47:18

So there are many options for led light strips, bit aome of the information regarding them is vague. 

I would like to run strip lights, cut them and connect them to the other side of the kitchen with copper wires between the two segments of strips. What would be the best light strip option. I see they sell generic connectors and wiring to splice two segments of light strip. 

If i can do this with rgb or rgbic dpes the rgbic have more natural whites or a higher CRI? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:RGB vs RGBIC
2023-07-25 16:34:19

@Carterfam,

In general, you will not be able to do what you are looking for without a customer controller / installation. With RGBIC, each light can operate independently and has its own microcontroller on the LED. You will always have much better luck using the standardized RGB connections in setups like yours.

RGBIC is mainly used in areas where there you are looking to add lighting effects of multiple colors or animations. RGB strips will use the same color and light setting across all the lights connected.

Please do be aware that the use of the cut strip is not officially supported by TP-Link, so we cant provide support for the setup, but you can take a look around the forums to see how others have done so in the past.

The shades of white and the CRI cant be determined by a statistic for RGB bulbs because of the different color ranges/shades of white that can be used to give the room the most natural appearance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 926

Replies: 1

Related Articles