Single Gang Dual Buttons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Single Gang Dual Buttons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Single Gang Dual Buttons
Single Gang Dual Buttons
2022-01-10 20:30:21 - last edited 2022-01-10 20:31:47

Hi Kasa

Are you guys planning to come out with a wifi switch that has dual buttons (control two different lights) on a single gang? This would really reduces the numbers of switches in the house

Gis

Options
2 Reply
Re:Single Gang Dual Buttons
2022-01-10 23:47:26

@Gistole 

Just a bit confused at your requet.  A standard wall switch has the abilty to control a single light or a gang of lights.  It all really depends on how those lights are wired.  For the switch to control more than one light they have to be wired to the same load wire in that specific switch box.  Our switchs can already do this, again depending on how the load wire is ran.  I have not personally seen more than one load wire being run to a single wall box.  Double and Triple-dim box, while sharing one faceplate are still indfivudally wired.  

That said are you asking for a single Dim switch to have seperate buttons to control muliptle light locations?  If so no we do not have any specific product like that comming.  We do have a smart button comming later this year though and it can be configured to control mutliple different products so Techincally you could use one of its 3 actions to control the on/off operation of multiple different switches.  

If that doesn't address your specific needs please provide as much detail as you can and I will be happy to add it to our request list. 

Options
Re:Single Gang Dual Buttons
2022-01-12 18:10:52
This is what I am referring to. https://www.amazon.com/Physical-Compatible-control-Required-Requires/dp/B07QC5ZCHP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1YLD21ZEUAKW5&keywords=dual%2Bbutton%2Bswitch%2Bsmart&qid=1642010884&sprefix=dual%2Bbutton%2Bswitch%2Bsmar%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-3&th=1 I will wait for the new product to come out since I am already in the Kasa eco system.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 312

Replies: 2

Related Articles