Automatically Turn Smart Plug On After Turning Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 21:50:10 - last edited 2022-10-19 03:17:16
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Here is my issue.  I have a Kasa Smart plug in my workshop that powers my POE switch.  That switch powers my ubiquiti nano station and POE cameras.  Occasionally I need to restart my POE switch to restart my cameras or antenna to fix an issue.  When I chose to power down the switch via the plug it is no longer connected to my LAN and can't be turned back on.  

I need to figure out a was to power down the Kasa Smart plug and have it turn back on automatically, without using the app on my phone.  Is there a way to program the plug to do this?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Automatically Turn Smart Plug On After Turning Off-Solution
2022-10-16 15:05:40 - last edited 2022-10-19 03:17:16

@boiler91 

I can confirm that with using Smartthings you could set up a routine to turn a device on or off in relation to it's status. And you can add time delays too. For example:

If bedroom lamp is turned off and stays off for 10 seconds, then turn on bedroom lamp.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Automatically Turn Smart Plug On After Turning Off
2022-10-12 22:16:30

@boiler91 

I would suggest looking at Samsung's SmartThings app.  We are fully integrated into their app with Cloud-to-Cloud linking, just like how our devices connect to Google Assistant or Alexa.  You might find a way to use their Smart Actions/routines to trigger an auto-on after a power-off is detected.  I can't say that is does because I have not personally played with the app but our Smart actions and Scenes do not have this ability. 

If you are right in front of the plug then there is a manual switch on the side of it that can be used to manually trigger the power of the plug.  

Options
2022-10-13 19:22:55

@Carl Thanks for the info I will check that out.

Options
Re:Automatically Turn Smart Plug On After Turning Off-Solution
2022-10-16 15:05:40 - last edited 2022-10-19 03:17:16

@boiler91 

I can confirm that with using Smartthings you could set up a routine to turn a device on or off in relation to it's status. And you can add time delays too. For example:

If bedroom lamp is turned off and stays off for 10 seconds, then turn on bedroom lamp.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-16 22:25:32

@Kanoobi Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1219

Replies: 4

Related Articles