TP-Link SR20 & Kasa & Z-Wave

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 20:50:49
Model: SR20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently purchased the SR20 to use with my YoLink devices and Kwikset 912 Doorlocks, but I cannot seem to add the door locks to the Kasa App. What am I doing wrong here? Is there a different app I should be using?

Thanks for the help and apologies if this is a really dumb question!

-Brian

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link SR20 & Kasa & Z-Wave
2022-10-27 11:45:32 - last edited 2022-10-27 11:46:01

@res74 Got on this forum to try to find info on this SAME ISSUE. I'm thinking they removed support for the Kaza Motion Sensor and Kaza open/close sensor from the app when they recently updated it.

I cannot find my own door sensors and motion sensors anywhere on it now, which only work with the SR20.

Went all in on TP-Link for my home a few years ago which included buying that router specifically so I could run those sensors and stay all in one eco-system with bulbs, light switches, smart plugs and cameras.

Now they seem to be stripping compatibility away as they prepare to launch the Tapo brand in the United States. I've reached out to their support via Twitter but have not received a response. Not sure if I'll call in or not. 

I'd return your stuff and go a different route honestly. Doesnt make me happy as a consumer. They said the Kaza products would be compatible despite the rebrand; doesn't seem to be the case.   

My sensors all still are working as they were configured...but since the app updated, there is no way to interact with any of them for logs or configuration. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 1

Related Articles