TP Link Kasa Matter Smart Switch unavailable in HA after time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-21 03:34:36
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0

Hi, I have recently added 10 Kasa Smart Matter compatible switches and plugs.  They join fine, show up and work.  However, they become unavailable and then have to be reset, re-joined and then they work again.  Seems to not be consistent with one plug vs any other.  I have 8 switches working, now two hours later only 7 are there, the 8th is there but is unavailable and restarted, reload, disable/enable do nothing.  The only thing I have found is to delete the device, reset the device and re-join it.  But I cannot keep doing this all the time.  Does anyone have a fix?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Kasa Matter Smart Switch unavailable in HA after time
2023-11-21 05:25:13

@Kellyho67 

this may not be your problem. I think the latest iOS update (especially 7.1.1 on iPhone) messed things up. My problems are similar and only recent. There are also issues with HomeKit,  HomePod configuration issues as well after a reset. 

Options