HS220 Dimmable Switch Buzzing With Multiple Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-13 13:12:54
Tags: #Dimmer #Buzzing
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The way this product is marketed seems to be a bait and switch.  I, like several others, have multiple of these installed in my home and cannot use the dimming feature since anything less than full brightnesss causes an obnoxious buzzing noise when a fixture has more than one bulb.

In previous threads, TP Link has failed to address this issue and instead requests light bulb, fixture, driver, etc... info from the consumer.  Their only suggestion is to use a TRIAC type of LED bulb.  For those who do not know, TRIAC was the old dimming function for incandescent lights, and most other switch brands have long since abandoned this technology.  Meanwhile the TRIAC requirement is still omitted from TP Link's product description on Amazon, where many people have purchased this product.

I would like TP Link to provide a list of compatible A19 and PAR38 LED bulbs (for multiple bulb applications) in their response.

FYI all - Treatlife makes a similarly-priced dimmer switch that works flawlessly with multiple dimming bulbs of seemingly every major brand.  If TP Link cannot solve this issue, I will request a refund and simply install more of theirs in my home.

Options