Best Smart Plug Recommendations For Home Assistant? My Two older Kasa Smart Plugs having issues!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Best Smart Plug Recommendations For Home Assistant? My Two older Kasa Smart Plugs having issues!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-27 05:55:20
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Everyone, I have two Kasa Smart Plugs HS100 & HS105 WiFi, I have owned for a few years never used much until last 5-6 months without issues for random projects. I liked it some much, that I setup Home Assistance and learning the way! The HS 100 that I was using to maintain battery on HASS Laptop, just stopped working not showing on app, tried removing and adding back to Kasa App no luck, I moved the HS 105 WiFi into area to use from another area out in shop that was working fine to occasionally power cycle a wireless camera to reset it, no issues and it was still live on the Kasa App. The HS 105 WiFi could not find WiFi in area I moved it to so I reset it in Kasa App and tried re-activating it with the inside WiFi and it also like the HS 100 would no longer allow me to set it up on the Kasa App. I have made sure both devices are not showing up anywhere and even uninstalled the Kasa App From my phone and re-installed it and still neither plug will find WiFi and Connect to the Kasa app, The Kasa App Finds the devices and connects to their internal WiFi and once I select a  local WiFi to connect to it just spins and never connects and eventually fails!

(Note: I was not able to put in notes the hardware or Firmware versions since I can no longer see the devices on the Kasa App!)

Any Recommendations for a fix or a reliable Smart plug to use with Home Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Options