Tapo C720 – Smart Floodlight Camera Features and Availability

Tapo C720 – Smart Floodlight Camera Features and Availability

14 Reply
Re:Tapo C720 – Smart Floodlight Camera Features and Availability
2024-07-12 21:42:41

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the info! I currently have a different brand of floodlight that has the ability to set a lower-brightness ambient light and switch to full-power while motion is detected. There are numerous floodlights (smart and not-smart) which have this feature and it's a necessiry for me. Otherwise it is too dark in the absence of motion detection. If this feature was added, I would replace my current camera with a C720.

Hard to say exactly what other features I'd recommend since I don't have the camera and can't tell what might be missing. But I'm happy with my other wired Tapo cameras which is why I want to switch my floodlight to Tapo too. Especially right now while it's on sale at Amazon.

Unfortunately, If this feature gets added I probably won't know about it.

Options
2024-07-14 19:16:20

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@uscpsycho,

Are there any other features that you would like to see on a floodlight camera that I could forward alongside it?

Actually, I have some features for the app in general. Probably should post is sommewhere as a feature request but since you asked I'll post it here.

There are two features I have in the Eufy app that I miss in Tapo.

One, is that there should be a way to get one list of all events from all cameras. And then be able to filter that list by camera or event type. I hate having to go to each individual camera in Tapo to see the different events. This seems like a basic feature almost all camera apps have. Sorely missing here.

The other feature is forward/back buttons that will jump you to the next/previous event in the timeline when you're playing back video.

Options
2024-07-15 16:09:53

@uscpsycho,

Thanks for the recommendations!

For more context, for Eufy's video event feed, do you recall if it will also show SD Card recordings for the cameras? If your camera is using Tapo Care's cloud storage, there is an overall event list similar to what you mentioned, however it does not include events recorded to the SD Card.

As for event playback, I believe the intention is that you use the list of thumbnails to automatically jump in the timeline. However, I can see how this is beneficial for reviewing events throughout the day and not just during a specific period.

I will make sure to pass this feedback along to our teams. If you would like, you can create a feature request for others to vote and show their support for: New Feature Request (Tapo)

Options
Yesterday

@Riley_S 

In the event the floodlight bulbs go out, is there a way to replace them? 

Options