Who designed the camera mount

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C402 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I removed the camera from the base.  Pretty standard looking mount but now can not get it back on.  There is almost zero clearance to get the threads started.  The solar panel comes on and off pretty easy as it should but the camera mount is different.  The mount itself is different than the solar panel but the camera will mount where the solar panel was but not visa versa.  I pulled out another camera with similar base and its like the solar panel mount.  Look at inner diameter of the camera mount, see how its larger. Any thoughts?

e6d62e21a3a047a79cbcf39c42be5f41

Options
2 Reply
Re:Who designed the camera mount
2 weeks ago

Hey @JohnFromTexas,

I do not recall the mount being that difficult to reassemble when I tested the device., so our support teams will likely want to verify your case and images to see what can be done, and why it is so difficult to reassemble.

I would recommend getting in direct contact with our support teams. Otherwise, phone and email can be found by hovering over the Americas option here: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
Re:Who designed the camera mount
a week ago

@Riley_S 

Actually, 

I figured it out, not its solved, I know why it does what it does and I know where the defect is.   The mount for the camera is a standard threaded mount with a stop nut but the other end has the wrong size ball on the bolt.  I have some KC420WS cameras and they actaully mount right up.  The mount on the solar panel has the correct sized ball just not for the camera.

09df60be874142878b6c18374afff95d

942c90dac6544fd0970c688c4ee231bf

b887bd5bb8324064b6abb50b05b04ff7

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 95

Replies: 2

Related Articles