How can I manually adjust the focus to the C120 camera? Disassembly required I know...

How can I manually adjust the focus to the C120 camera? Disassembly required I know...

Thursday
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I am wanting ot use this camera for monitoring 3D printers - but the entire view is far out of focus when close to the print bed of the printers.  Are there any tear down instructions available to manually adjust the focus of the lens?  With some other brand cameras, they all seem to have an adjustable (screw-base) type lens adapter attached to the sensor of the cameras for clarity - and usually hot glued in place to prevent focus issues for shipping and such.  I've successfully modified other cameras to have a much closer focus and was hoping there were instructions somewhere available to attempt this on the C120 units.  I understand it will void all warranty and quite possibly break the camera.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 37

Replies: 0

Related Articles