Maximum Connected Devices for Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-29 10:49:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

I just recently purchased a Deco m9 plus, my current situation now is that I want to change all my Light Switch and Outlet to a smart devices, in total it would be around 180-230 units. I am just worried because I only have two Deco M9 plus, and on the website it says up to 100 connected devices also with the package. Is the 100 devices for each deco? Or the total of the two decos? What if I have 4 decos? How many devices can I connect?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Maximum Connected Devices for Deco M9 Plus
2019-04-02 06:58:03

Hi,

The maximum clients for Deco M9 plus is 64 (2.4GHz) + 64(5GHz); while considering most of smart home devices support 2.4GHz only, we may take 64 finally. 

Meanwhile, it is related to the IP pool setup on the Deco; the default one is from 192.168.68.100-192.168.68.250; in this way, Deco can assign up to 150 IP addresses, if you want to connect more devices, you need change the IP pool manually. 

Besides, the actual performance is important; more devices connected, the performance will be affected a lot. 

Good day. 

Ian_Verar wrote

I just recently purchased a Deco m9 plus, my current situation now is that I want to change all my Light Switch and Outlet to a smart devices, in total it would be around 180-230 units. I am just worried because I only have two Deco M9 plus, and on the website it says up to 100 connected devices also with the package. Is the 100 devices for each deco? Or the total of the two decos? What if I have 4 decos? How many devices can I connect?

Options
2021-06-23 10:48:29

@Kevin_Z 
Hi,

This information doesn't seem true.
I have around 60+ devices, about 50 of them are Smart home devices (2.4Ghz).

With 2 standard wireless routers I have all of them connected however with 2 Deco M9 plus mesh routers only around 32 of them connect.

Is there a specific configuration to allow up to 64 devices to connect on 2.4Ghz

Options
2021-06-25 06:32:49

@VVTi 

Hi, is the Deco M9 Plus working as the main router, and acting as the DHCP server in the network? You can confirm the DHCP server setting on the Deco app, ensure that is large enough to allow all the 60+ devices to connect.

Meanwhile, can we have more details when other smart home devices failed to connect to the network? Are they able to see the network? Is there any error message when they tried to connect? Are the others connecting to the network if you delete some of the previous connected ones?

Options