Really Slow Loading Web Pages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 20:07:29
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

I recently bought a VR600 as an upgrade from a BT Hub 3 hoping for better wireless functionality.  I configured it as per the setup wizard and all went well for about 30 mins.  Then the speed of pages loading both on wireless connections (phone, laptop) and disturbingly, through the wired connection to my desktop became intolerable!  Pages were taking a minute or longer to load.  The desktop and laptop would periodically tell me that there was no internet connection and streaming became a buffering pain!  I rebooted the modem, but the problem persisted.  I then rebooted from inside the modem browser (192.168.1.1.) and this helped for about 10 mins, then back to the grind.  I was so frustrated with it that I've gone back to the BT Hub and all is as it was before on the wired connection. Very fast page loading and no buffering.  The wireless connections are still poor but better than those of the Archer.  Can someone help me please?  I really want to get the VR600 working properly.

The DSL is directly into an Open Reach master socket (no splitter).

I use Norton Internet Security

I connect through TalkTalk in the UK

Thanks for reading

Dave

Options
2 Reply
Re:Really Slow Loading Web Pages
2020-02-26 10:55:22

@WavieDavie 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? And what is the speed you can get from Archer VR600? 

Please ensure that the firmware of the Archer VR600 is up to date. You can adjust the wireless settings of the main router to improve its performance. Including wireless channel, channel width. 

Besides, you can enable QoS to give it a go. 

Options
Re:Really Slow Loading Web Pages
2020-02-26 20:45:15

@Kevin_Z 

Hi and thank you for the reply

The firmware is up to date as per the screen grab but pages remain as slow to load.  

I was getting 19 mbps down and 0.9 up so this is better ...

I've disabled the security tabs, is this a good idea?  How should I setup the QoS please?

Kind regards

Dave

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1983

Replies: 2

Related Articles