"Something went wrong with the Cloud service"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-22 13:11:02 - last edited 2020-08-05 11:14:04
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023

Our internet has been dropping on a regular basis.  When I try to check the status on the Deco app, it says, "Something went wrong with the Cloud service.  Please try again."

The LED on the main deco is white, which I understood to mean that it's updating the firmware, but the Deco app also says that the firmware is up to date. Sometimes the satellite Decos will flash red, but most of the time their LED also shows white. 

I deleted the network and re-added last night.  It worked and showed a blue LED until this morning when it again went white.  

I don't know the hardware version we have.  Purchased in June 2020 from Amazon. We do not have any internet issues with our ISP.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"Something went wrong with the Cloud service"-Solution
2020-07-23 03:49:53 - last edited 2022-07-18 01:47:09

@pemu 

Update:

For the issue mentioned here, please refer to the suggestions on this link:

[Solution]We couldn't find Deco. Something went wrong with the cloud service. Please try again

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:"Something went wrong with the Cloud service"-Solution
2020-07-23 03:49:53 - last edited 2022-07-18 01:47:09

@pemu 

Update:

For the issue mentioned here, please refer to the suggestions on this link:

[Solution]We couldn't find Deco. Something went wrong with the cloud service. Please try again

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:"Something went wrong with the Cloud service"
2021-01-08 23:12:25

@pemu 

I have similar issue of wifi dropping by my newly installed Deco X60 (two days ago). The Deco app tells me "Something went wrong with the Cloud service". After seeing this question, I tried restarting multiple times, it didnt help. Then I reset the base unit it didnot rectify the fault. The tried resetting base plus two satellite units it didnt help either.

I swapped the units -made one of the satellite unit as Base after resetting. This step allowed the base unit to work and one of the satellite unit to work.

It appears the original Base unit, which is now a satellite that gave the problem is not connecting to the Base unit. I reset this (now) satellite unit and it changes between yellow solid and red solid.

Does it mean this unit is malfunctioning? or what would TP-link recommend doing to address the issue.

Thanks

Options
2021-01-16 04:57:29 - last edited 2021-01-16 04:57:55

@UShankar same issue. Units have been working for months. Now showing white (on P9s) and green (on M5s). But no Internet service. ISP is fine. 

cannot use the Deco app and it just states "something went wrong with the cloud service". 

I am close to throwing this junk out the window and buy something with better software and support. 

Options
2021-01-25 02:58:31

@TP-Link_Deco 

I'm having the same issue. I just bought my unit after dealing with outages with the Orby and I'm having even worse issues with this TP link. I just hook it up and everything was working fine for 15 minutes and now I get the constant blinking red light on the main unit. I have turned it off reset it reset my modem deleted the app reinstall the app and tried everything I know and still no luck. I can't seem to find a mesh unit that will work without multiple problems. Any ideas? 

Options
2021-01-25 03:32:13

@Jeromy 

I ended up solving the issue by doing the following:

1. Changed my "Main Deco" to another unit and connect that unit directly to my mode.
  2. Remove the previous main deco that was connected to my modem.
  3. Hard reset that previous main unit.
  4. Then add the removed unit back to my network.
  5. Connect the added unit to the modem.
  6. Change the main deco back again.

This is not easy as the Deco app often fails to connect to the Deco cloud.  But if you perservere it might work.  But for sure, I would not buy TP-Link again.

Options
2021-11-20 19:34:37

@TPLink Why is it even necessary to connect to the cloud service to use for the home network? 

Options
2021-11-20 19:39:11

@TP-Link_Deco 

Do the answers to these questions really matter, If the cloud service is the one with the issue? What is the "cloud service"

He could have 2 or 20 P9s. Comcast or AT&T. 10ft or 20ft apart. Dropping every night or every hour

Options
2021-11-22 08:37:34 - last edited 2021-11-22 08:43:38

@SiegM 

Hi, for Deco products, the online firmware upgrade is released from the cloud server, and the remote control via Deco APP is also based on the cloud server.

If you see the error message" something went wrong with the Cloud service', normally it is offline from the cloud server so you could not check some details about this unit on Deco APP.

Do you have such worries due to security concerns?

Options
2021-12-24 02:45:05

I just installed this X60 system TODAY and it worked for about 6 hours, now I have no wifi and I cannot connect to cloud server????  It suddently dropped out and switches from red to a yellow/green flashing.

The whole point is to have reliable wifi and I am very frustrated.

Options
2021-12-24 03:43:59

@BFEN 

Hi, is the light in a red-yellow/green loop? or does it finally stay on red, or yellow?

Have you tried to reset the Deco X60 by holding the reset pinhole for 1s and checking whether you could make it back to flashing blue?

May I know where did you purchase the Deco X60?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 18543

Replies: 11

Related Articles