Archer A10 Router and Omada EAP225-Outdoor work together with band steering and seamless hand-off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A10 Router and Omada EAP225-Outdoor work together with band steering and seamless hand-off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 01:42:54
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: N/A

I have an Archer A10 Router that I use it with Smart connect in my home office. Excellent results in and around my home office. But I have two more areas indoors and outdoors, with a weak signal. I just bought a Omada EAP225-Outdoor (not yet installed) for one of the areas to test how it works.

I have the following doubts that I need to clarify:

I know that the A10 can be set with band steering, as well as the EAP225-Outdoor. Can I get seamless hand-off roaming between the A10 and the EAP-225? Or do I need to install another EAP-225 in my office and disable the Wi-Fi on the A10?

Do I get the same results if I use your software on a computer instead of the OC200?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A10 Router and Omada EAP225-Outdoor work together with band steering and seamless hand-off?
2020-12-02 04:14:06

Dear @Eodio,

I know that the A10 can be set with band steering, as well as the EAP225-Outdoor. Can I get seamless hand-off roaming between the A10 and the EAP-225? Or do I need to install another EAP-225 in my office and disable the Wi-Fi on the A10? 

The EAP225 Outdoor supports Fast Roaming feature based on 802.11k/v, which allows clients to select the AP with the best signal (in case there are more than one APs) under a common WLAN name. However, either the Smart Connect feature on the home router A10 or the Band Steering feature on the business EAPs is for seamless roaming. A similar post is discussed in this post.

Do I get the same results if I use your software on a computer instead of the OC200?

Yes. They are the same.

Since you have purchased the EAP225-Outdoor, you may refer to the QIG to set it up and check if it works for your situation. A similar discussion in this post. So no need to enable the Fast Roaming feature with the Omada Controller, but simply configure the EAP225-Outdoor with the same SSID, the same encryption type (like WPA2-PSK/AES) and the same PSK/wireless password as the A10 router.

Here are the related FAQs for your reference.

What is Fast Roaming of TP-Link Business Wi-Fi Products: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2097/

Fast Roaming Keeps Connection Consistent: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/kb/detail/322

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 1