TL-WPA4220KIT will not connect to outbuilding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 11:31:39
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: unknown

- paired devices okay with AV600 plugged in near router, all working

- moved av600 to office situated in garden, worked okay

- few days later stopped working, has not worked now for several weeks

- power light on, wireless light on, ethernet light not on

- reset devices

- repeated step 1, and tried the AV600 elsewhere in the house - all absolutely fine, internet working as it should

- moved back to garden office, ethernet light again not working

- i have several circuits in the house on RCD's at fusebox but these do not appear to affect the powerline at all

- standard sockets used in garden office

summary.. works fine in the house, move it to the garden outbuilding where it worked at first but now not at all. still works in house if moved back in there

I had a webchat with TP Link who suggested the only thing it could be was that my outbuilding was on a different circuit.  I'm not really sure what they mean by that, but can't imagine that would be a factor ?  the power cables go to the same fusebox, so would be on the same 'circuit' ?? also doesn't explain why it worked in the outbuilding at first but now doesn't

any help gratefully received before i send the lot back and give up.

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT will not connect to outbuilding
2021-02-06 07:46:49

@Johnno5867 

Hi,

If the 2nd house light(powerline light) still lit up when they are plugged into the garden outbuilding, they are still under the same circuit.

You could try to change the IP address and gateway when the devices are connected to the powerline adapters;

And if there are different sockets in the garden, please also try to remove the extenders to another place;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 1

Related Articles