Irregular Network signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Irregular Network signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Irregular Network signal
Irregular Network signal
2021-06-15 17:37:47
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have recently bought TP link Archer C50  AC1200 Wi-FI router, after 3 weeks of using Network light on router kept on turning green and red periodically in 3-4sec period. Modem showed no loss of signal all times, This periods disconnection persists all the time, which turns off net for 3 sec and restarts. Irregular connection happens  which ultimately disturbs network speed. Kindly help me with the right technical steps to solve the issue.

One of friend said Router is complex and it blocks packet or IP regularly which causes disturbance in connection, don't know the exact issue. Kindly help me with remedies.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Irregular Network signal
2021-06-18 02:56:26 - last edited 2021-06-18 02:57:45

@Kinjalkdixit 

Hi, please check and ensure you are running the latest firmware on the router, which can be downloaded from the official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c50/#Firmware

May I know who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C50? Please confirm if you have a stable connection all the time with the ISP modem by connecting the computer directly to it.

If the modem is always stable, please confirm if there is still a WAN IP address when the internet stops working on the router. If there is, please try to change the DNS server to something else different from that assigned by your ISP, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router to check again.

Please also check the DHCP address lease time on the router, try to change it to 90. You can also change the MTU size to something like 1420, then reboot the router to check the connectivity.

Options