Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
52 Reply
Re:Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP
2022-07-14 01:17:24

Dear @jrypacek,

jrypacek wrote

I've bought EAP653 and probably got the issue on firmware 1.0.1 Build 20220524 Rel. 60447.

I'm using Omada controller and have opened 2 issues for EAP610 with your support team, so they already have my configuration file.

I tried ping - OK, SSH - OK, iperf3 UDP - OK, iperf3 TCP - FAIL.

I had notebook and mobile connected to the same AP and tried two scenarios. Behavior was the same on both.

1) notebook on 5GHz, mobile on 2.4 GHz IoT SSID - guest newtork enabled + ACL

2) notebook on 2.4GHz, mobile on 2.4 GHz IoT SSID - guest newtork disabled, no ACL

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback!

The support engineer has reproduced the problem and reported it to the R&D team for further analysis. Any update, I'll let you know.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-16 01:17:34

Hello  @Fae 

I believe I could be hitting the same or a similar issue that's been described on this thread.

You can check my topic post regarding the situation.

Any news regarding a fix? EAP650(EU) V1

Options
2022-07-18 02:04:02 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:26:54

Dear @s0x,

s0x wrote

I believe I could be hitting the same or a similar issue that's been described on this thread.

You can check my topic post regarding the situation.

Any news regarding a fix? EAP650(EU) V1

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Our R&D team has located the cause of the issue, they are currently discussing the suitable solution. I'll update this thread once there is a fix.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-24 06:41:56

@Fae 

Thx for your feed and insight.

Any news or timeline concerning the fix?

Options
2022-07-28 07:06:49

Dear @Spryde,

Spryde wrote

Any news or timeline concerning the fix?

Sorry that I haven't been informed of an update on the issue yet. But the R&D team confirmed that they would provide a Beta firmware to fix the issue, I'll let you know once the beta firmware is available. Thank you for your great patience!

Options
Re:Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP-Solution
2022-08-04 11:26:42 - last edited 2022-08-12 09:12:54

Dear @treas, @jrypacek, @d0ugmac1, @s0x, @Endpoint7024@Spryde, @shberge,

Thank you all for your great patience while we work through this issue!

Regarding the issue with TCP connections (such as Remote Desktop) between VLANs on the same EAP650/EAP670/EAP653 v1, the R&D team has made a Beta firmware to fix it, which has also added the PPSK support, please follow this solution post for downloading.

Thank you for your attention! Look forward to hearing from you on our community soon!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-04 13:16:08

@Fae 

Why not bringing it as a final firmware?

For now every user has to use your beta firmware (and your beta tracking/analysing policies) to have a working product?

Or maybe you can make a firmware which is beatween final and beta - a release candidate without beta policies.

I don't want to be a beta tester.

Options
2022-08-04 14:00:10

@treas 

From what I've seen, TPlink has a fairly robust software development methodology and process, I might even wager they have adopted an Agile approach :)  This forum forms a big part of getting feedback from the field which they then incorporate and priortize into upcoming releases.   Their beta program gets fixes out in the field as quickly as possible, but not without some interim testing...ie they didn't just up some code and punt it to you.  Instead, their 'beta' release are more like interim versions between the major official releases.  I've been running beta code on my 2008 for months now...because it fixes a niggling problem I had with it...and I didn't want to wait more months for the next major release.

I for one would rather have access to beta code than not.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-08-04 14:39:29

@Spryde Are you serious? You are pushing to them to release fix ASAP and not satistfied when they release beta firmware for you?

@Fae I have upgraded one EAP653 and it seems that TCP iperf3 is working between SSIDs with different VLAN now.

Options
2022-08-05 05:00:41 - last edited 2022-08-05 05:15:54

@Fae 

I just loaded this beta firmware on my EAP670.

I am now finding that my 5GHz wifi is not broadcasting when I had it set on channel 100.

5Ghz channel 100 working back on firmware 1.0.2.

I have it set to 160mhz bandwidth.

On a positive note, it seems the issue of the lower channels 36-64 are now correctly set to be max power output of 30dbm, not 23bdm as in previous firmware.

It also looks like UAPSD is not working on this firmware. I am no longer seeing the green lightblub next to any of the devices in the omada client list.

Options