Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
52 Reply
Re:Issues with tcp connections between VLANs on the same AP
2022-08-05 11:24:22

Dear @Spryde,

Spryde wrote

Why not bringing it as a final firmware?

The subsequent official firmware will add the fix to resolve the issue. However, it will need much longer time to get released as it has to walk through a full internal review process. The beta firmware is aimed at fixing the specific issue as soon as possible, TP-Link team has tested it before the release. If you are looking for an urgent solution, the Beta firmware can also be a reliable option.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-05 11:26:21

Dear @jrypacek,

jrypacek wrote

I have upgraded one EAP653 and it seems that TCP iperf3 is working between SSIDs with different VLAN now.

Glad to hear that it works for you. Thank you for your quick feedback. I appreciate it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-05 12:06:59

Dear @add1n1,

add1n1 wrote

I just loaded this beta firmware on my EAP670.

I am now finding that my 5GHz wifi is not broadcasting when I had it set on channel 100.

5Ghz channel 100 working back on firmware 1.0.2.

I have it set to 160mhz bandwidth.

Have you tried other channels? Would the 5GHz disappear on other channels as well?

Or did you wait for some time (10 minutes or so) to confirm that the 5GHz Wi-Fi is broadcasting on channel 100?

The EAP670(EU) supports DFS. It's possible that the DFS channels (such as channel 100) are not immediately available when the EAP boots. If convenient, you may test it further for confirmation.

It also looks like UAPSD is not working on this firmware. I am no longer seeing the green lightblub next to any of the devices in the omada client list.

The Power Save state on the Omada Controller refers to whether the connected client is in power saving mode, when the client enters the power saving mode, it is enabled, and when the client wakes up from the power saving mode, it is disabled. Its state is not static. If you are interested, please check out this post for more details.

Options
2022-08-05 12:46:11

@Fae 

i did a test, the EAP670 does not work on any channels above 100, tested with 20, 40, 80 and 160 Mhz
same test on EAP653 everything worked.

The EAP670 reverts to non DFS channels immediately.

Options
2022-08-05 13:19:00

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

i did a test, the EAP670 does not work on any channels above 100, tested with 20, 40, 80 and 160 Mhz

The EAP670 reverts to non DFS channels immediately.

Thank you for your confirmation. I've reported this issue to the R&D team for further investigation.

Options
2022-08-07 11:38:02 - last edited 2022-08-07 11:46:25

@Fae 

Your linked post seems to suggest multiple different customers are having an issue with Power Saving mode on the WifI 6 access points.

An iPhone really only takes about a minute with the screen off to enter power saving mode, and im definitely not seeing that here on EAP670.

The other sites i manager where EAP225/245 are in use, more than half of the devices can clearly be seen using power saving mode.

And at this site with EAP670 im definitely noticing the faster battery drain in absence of power saving mode.

Update:

I  disabled AI roaming and rebooted the Access Points. Power save now working again.

Options
2022-08-08 01:11:08

Dear @add1n1,

add1n1 wrote

It also looks like UAPSD is not working on this firmware. I am no longer seeing the green lightblub next to any of the devices in the omada client list.

To confirm, is the UAPSD on EAP670 working fine with the official 1.0.2 firmware but not with the provided Beta firmware?

Options
2022-08-08 06:20:49 - last edited 2022-08-08 06:36:42

Dear @shberge, @add1n1,

shberge wrote

We failed to reproduce the issue with the EAP670 beta firmware (using iPhone12 and a PC with Wi-Fi 6E AX210).

Did you wait for at least 1 minute before you search for the 5GHz SSID after changing to the channel 100 or above on the EAP670?

Kind note that the SSID may not broadcast until the Channel Availability Check process (1-10 minutes depending on the country) is finished due to the DFS mechanism.

If you did, to look into the issue further, may I know the model number of the wireless clients you used for the test?

If you are using a laptop, could you please provide the wireless adapter and driver version for further checking?

Would you mind trying further troubleshooting with our support engineer via email?

Options
2022-08-08 06:33:50

@Fae 

Hi Fae,

The issue of channel 100 and powering saving mode not working seems to have resolved itself since I switched AI Roaming off and then back on.

Options
2022-08-08 06:49:02 - last edited 2022-08-08 06:51:11

Dear @add1n1,

add1n1 wrote

The issue of channel 100 and powering saving mode not working seems to have resolved itself since I switched AI Roaming off and then back on.

Thank you for your further tests and feedback! The AI Roaming might not be the cause, but the trick is that you did something else (a period of time waiting) before you searched the 5GHz SSID for checking. And the SSID works after the Channel Availability Check process (1-10 minutes depending on the country) due to the DFS mechanism.

@shberge could you please help to confirm this by simply waiting for at least 1 minute before checking the SSID?

Options