VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT
VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT
2023-01-23 12:39:05
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20221110 Rel.64164

We are struggling for past 15 days to get support from TP_LINK INDIA

I need urgent support on the issues we are facing with TP Link Router ER8411.

1. The Firewall Access Control list dont work.

2. The OpenVPN configuration is not working. We are able to connect to the VPN but not able to access any LAN machine.

3. The Data throughput through the VPN tunnel reduces down to 1mbps in spite of having a 1GBPS of internet connection.

4. The Peer to Peer application data transfer between LAN system and the Internet hosted system is throttled down to 1Mbps after going through the TP link Firewall.

5. I need support to configure either SSL VPN or OpenSource VPN with the below requirement. I have tried to configure it but it doesn't work.

Through VPN i have to give access to multiple users to different sets of LAN servers, not all LAN networks.

EX :  User1  will have access to only two LAN servers 172.16.1.10 and 172.16.10.11

User 2 will have access to other two LAN servers 172.16.1.20 and 172.16.1.21.

Based on the username the access to a group of servers will be granted.

Please find the attached scenario.

6 . I am configuring one-to-one NAT to a specific Private IP to a specific LAN IP server. But that server is not accessible from the open internet to that specific Public IP.

I am getting nothing in logs too.

Can we have a remote session and troubleshoot this issue. / we have tried connecting TP-LINK support but no reply. also custumer care call always comes busy.... 

Options
30 Reply
Re:VPN ISSUE_NO SUPPORT
2023-01-23 14:50:44

@ajayt 

sorry to hear about all the problems, I can tell you that I have experienced the same thing.

OpenVPN and SSL VPN do not work, you can get it to work on OpenVPN if you use TCP instead of UDP, SSL VPN has no option for TCP so you probably won't get this to work

you also have a number of other problems, it can probably be related to the SSL VPN configuration, I recommend you delete everything from SSL Config, deactivating is not enough, it must be deleted, then the router must be restarted, very important.

so in short
OpenVPN only TCP
SSL VPN delete all config and reboot.

Options
2023-01-23 15:29:07

@shberge 

thanks for replying so fast! in-fact struggled to get support from TP LINK Official e mail support.

I will try and do whatever you have recommended and will update you back...

meanwhile can you let me know if OpenVPN throughput is same as mentioned on specification ? 

OpenVPN 1665.64 Mbp

Thanks in advance ! 

AJAYT

shberge wrote

@ajayt 

sorry to hear about all the problems, I can tell you that I have experienced the same thing.

OpenVPN and SSL VPN do not work, you can get it to work on OpenVPN if you use TCP instead of UDP, SSL VPN has no option for TCP so you probably won't get this to work

you also have a number of other problems, it can probably be related to the SSL VPN configuration, I recommend you delete everything from SSL Config, deactivating is not enough, it must be deleted, then the router must be restarted, very important.

so in short
OpenVPN only TCP
SSL VPN delete all config and reboot.

Options
2023-01-23 15:41:05 - last edited 2023-01-23 15:44:43

@ajayt 

I use ER8411 as OpenVPN client to a OpenVPN Server, 

I had to install a OpenVPN server and configure TCP to make it work, the speed is ridiculously low, about 20-30 Mbps

I have not tested With ER8411 as a OpenVPN Server but my guess is superslow..  nice if you update the proges :-)

Options
2023-01-23 16:00:23 - last edited 2023-01-23 16:03:11

@shberge 

Oh means I made a bad choice as Router - specifications given by TP_LINK are not  as mentioned. 

Any way i will try as per recommendations if it doesn't work - i will return the product. 

@TP_LINK  team - surely we do expect some reply from your side.....

AJAYT

Options
2023-01-23 16:07:17 - last edited 2023-01-23 16:16:29

ajayt wrote

@shberge 

Oh means I made a bad choice as Router - specifications given by TP_LINK are not living as mentioned. 

Any way i will try as per recommendations if it doesn't work - i will return the product. 

AJAYT

@ajayt 

On paper this router is exelent but that only on paper for now. I  guess problem with VPN will be fixed in a month or two. 

so if you have some time, you'll probably get a good router in the end :-) 

Maybe 

Options
2023-02-03 09:55:16

Dear @ajayt,

Sorry for the late reply as I just noticed this thread. Next time you may tag me or @Hank21 if you need further assistance.

I’m wondering whether your concern was resolved finally? If your concern was resolved, welcome to update this topic thread and share your solution so that others may benefit from it. If the issue still exists, please don't hesitate to reply here and I'll escalate your case to our support team to look into the issue. We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-03 10:08:27

@Fae  @Hank21 

no the problem is not resolved... 

how ccan you help me asap? as we are not able to start our remote oprations due to this...

regards,

AJAY 

Fae wrote

Dear @ajayt,

Sorry for the late reply as I just noticed this thread. Next time you may tag me or @Hank21 if you need further assistance.

I’m wondering whether your concern was resolved finally? If your concern was resolved, welcome to update this topic thread and share your solution so that others may benefit from it. If the issue still exists, please don't hesitate to reply here and I'll escalate your case to our support team to look into the issue. We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Options
2023-02-03 10:13:18

@shberge 

My IT team did all your steps but no luck for speed ...

Site to Site vpn is working 

but Open VPN is still super slow ... and not getting connected. 

Options
2023-02-03 10:20:04 - last edited 2023-02-03 10:20:27

Dear @ajayt,

Have you upgraded your ER8411 firmware to the 1.0.2 firmware which has fixed some VPN issues? 

ER8411 V1_1.0.2 Official Firmware (Released on Jan 30th, 2023)

If not yet, please try and update the firmware for checking.

If the 1.0.2 firmware doesn't resolve the issue, we may need to check your detailed network setup for further analysis.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-03 10:24:33 - last edited 2023-02-03 10:42:48

@ajayt 

tp-link knows about the problem, so it surprised me that they hadn't fixed it in the latest firmware update. there is probably not much we can do if tp-link will not prioritize problems as big as there are with the ER8411, until further notice I use an ER605v2 for OpenVPN and route all OpenVPN traffic via this.
I have had to give up the SSL VPN project for now.

I ask support about different thing and this is answer form TP-Link support, so this is not unknown problem at al.

Dear Customer, 

Hello and thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

1. The CPU is in the normal range, because there are some high-performance data processing, the software process usage will be high

2. There will be some problems when using IPsec and OpenVPN together, it is recommended to use it alone

3. For OpenVPN, we would like to  recommend choosing the TCP protocol

4. Due to working mechanism of ER605 and ER8411 is a little bit different, so we don't suggest you use Ipsec VPN and OpenVPN at the same time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2206

Replies: 30