Portforwarding interfears with local dns

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-23 17:14:20
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi,

i have a realy wierd issue, where i cant wrap my head around.  First i will explain my setup.

2 WAN Ports going to 2 Telekom Router both have ports 80 and 443 (udp and tcp) forwarded (They dont support Wan Mode):

- Wan_A

- Wan_B

Lan Interfaces:

- Int_A (10.0.0.1/24,  VLAN 1)      // Server at 10.0.0.x

- Int_B (10.0.0.3/24,  VLAN 3)

- Int_C (10.0.0.4/24,  VLAN 4)

Switch_ACL:

- Permit Bidirectional all protocols: Int_A to Int_B and Int_C

Port_Forwarding (tcp and upd)

-Nat_Wan_A_80:     Wan_A:80   -> Server:80 

-Nat_Wan_A_443:   Wan_A:443 -> Server:443

-Nat_Wan_B_80:     Wan_A:80   -> Server:80

-Nat_Wan_B_443:   Wan_A:443 -> Server:443

Policy_Routing:

-PR_Wan_A: All Protocols from Int_A and Int_B to Wan_A

-PR_Wan_B: All Protocols from Int_C to Wan_B

On the server i have a pihole running, that is set as primary DNS for all interfaces. In the local DNS settings i have a A record for webapp_domain forwarded to the Server at 10.0.0.x.  The same domain is forwarded over dyndns to the Telekom Router at Wan_A. My idea was that i will use the local network for internal use and go over the Internet aswell (German bad Internet Issues XD), if im going outside the network.

That setup works fine for Int_C but not for Int_B. So i compared the diff between Int_B and Int_C. The only diff is, that the Int_A is sharing with Int_B the Wan_A as uplink (PR_Wan_A) and the webapp_domain public over the Wan_A.

I checked if the devices get the right ip from the dns (pihole) and yes webapp_domain -> 10.0.0.3 and then i just for curiosity disabled the portforwarding  Nat_Wan_A_80 and Nat_Wan_A_443 and yes it is workning. But why???????

I still need the forwarding, because it runs against nginx_proxy_manager and i use it for a lot of stuff.

It is not only with webapp_domain it is with all domains. And i cleared every time the cache of the browser.

Im pretty new in networks and im sorry if it is a stupid mistake, but i cant even find issues close to mine and the last week was hell to test different stuff and nothing changed the issue.

Thanks for every reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 0